Mountain Buzz banner
1741 - 1760 of 1784 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's my work in progress! Star Slice XL, simple two-bay breakdown frame from Whitewater Machine Works with bimini mounts, Sawyer Polecats with Gilman grips, Canyon Oarlocks, RTIC ultralight 52 cooler with modified cushion, and the bimini was a gift. Still making some adjustments. Custom cam straps should be here any day, before I hit the New River gorge in two weeks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was hoping to pick-up a new raft this year, but unfortunately it’s been a tough year for that. I decided to wait and make sure I get exactly what I want. Fortunately this trusty boat has been ensuring that I get plenty of days on the river this year.
View attachment 68653 View attachment 68652
Ram, you clearly have good taste in rafts. Can't say the same about your (not) beer.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here's my work in progress! Star Slice XL, simple two-bay breakdown frame from Whitewater Machine Works with bimini mounts, Sawyer Polecats with Gilman grips, Canyon Oarlocks, RTIC ultralight 52 cooler with modified cushion, and the bimini was a gift. Still making some adjustments. Custom cam straps should be here any day, before I hit the New River gorge in two weeks! View attachment 68990 View attachment 68991 View attachment 68992
High likelihood I steal alot of your setup ideas here whenever I can get the approval from boss lady to add a Slice XL to the fleet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
@yesimapirate

Yeah, feel free to borrow any of my ideas regarding setup. This is a really fun craft, and the cockpit area is bigger than other models, which allows more room for two on extended trips (with more backpacker-like gear when possible). On 8/12, I'll be using the rowing setup for the first time, so I'm excited to get that dialed in.

The bimini is a bit too wide for my frame, but I can "make" it work. Currently have cam straps compressing/shaping the the bimini frame closer together. We'll see if this works.

The RTIC ultralight 52 cooler is a perfect fit. It wedges in between the pontoons, but not to tightly either.

I may install raft footcups on the rower's end thwart, for better stability in rougher rapids.

I'll get some real pics of river time posted soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who else is having a bit of spring fever and getting things done on your rig for the season?

i lengthened my side rails and reorganized my modular frame to have a large front bay. Currently building side boards and hatch cover

Automotive design Textile Wood Engineering Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive design Naval architecture Machine Wood

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you find MDO?
Send a trim router with a 3/16" or 1/4" roundover over those edges!
sure did. 3/4” sheet was $102 at Kenyon noble. Should have enough to build a captains platform with what I have left. Just picked up a couple 40mm cans that will sit nicely on the left and right sides in the captains bay but still have plenty of leg room. This little 13’ rmr has been fun to try and slam a bunch of gear into

my plan was to get my rough outline with the frame parts and pieces and then start rounding and routering. I appreciate the bit-size suggestions.

1741 - 1760 of 1784 Posts