Mountain Buzz banner

1661 - 1679 of 1679 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
That frame looks sweet, is that an Entity? How do you like it? Also how was the process? The owner has a bit of a reputation, but the setup looks great

·
Registered
16 Posts
That frame looks sweet, is that an Entity? How do you like it? Also how was the process? The owner has a bit of a reputation, but the setup looks great
It’s the nicest frame I have ever owned. Not sure what is readily available if you just want to buy something there was a waiting list I got on. So if you need something right away there are other options out there. I saw on their Instagram new stuff is on the way.My nephew will be getting their new cat frame when they are ready. Pretty happy with the RMR and frame setup.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I get to play now! 16' Hyside purchased as a nearly turnkey package. DRE double-rail frame, captain's deck, and a diamond plate rear deck. Not pictured is the DRE table that nests over the (huge) drybox or covers the front bay. Planned edits are to extend the decking all the way back (not sure why the original owner had diamond plate everywhere but those decks), and maybe a bimini next year. Otherwise, pretty stoked on the setup. Also, the kid is small but not that small: the green pad is the "Truck" paco, which fills the back of a 6' tacoma sleeping platform. So it covers both the front bay and the huge drybox.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's the new family rig we put into service May 2020.
  • Hyside 16' Pro XT.
  • 3 bay main Eddyline Welding frame
  • Front and back Eddyline "trailer' frames with dropbags and tables as tops.
  • Canyon 150 as main cooler
  • Suspended cockpit floor
  • Canyon 35 as captain's cooler.
  • Captain's box as kitchen
  • Split dry boxes (20"L x 23"W x 17"h) with dory latches
  • Sawyer 10' 6" Dynalite oars
  • Pacific River bag - medium (not shown)
  • Four Seasons 4 bow bimini (8" L x 54" H X 73"-78"W)
IMG_6089.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I get to play now! 16' Hyside purchased as a nearly turnkey package. DRE double-rail frame, captain's deck, and a diamond plate rear deck. Not pictured is the DRE table that nests over the (huge) drybox or covers the front bay. Planned edits are to extend the decking all the way back (not sure why the original owner had diamond plate everywhere but those decks), and maybe a bimini next year. Otherwise, pretty stoked on the setup. Also, the kid is small but not that small: the green pad is the "Truck" paco, which fills the back of a 6' tacoma sleeping platform. So it covers both the front bay and the huge drybox.

View attachment 59943
View attachment 59944
More importantly, who’s orange boat is that!? Wow!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Here's the new family rig we put into service May 2020.
  • Hyside 16' Pro XT.
  • 3 bay main Eddyline Welding frame
  • Front and back Eddyline "trailer' frames with dropbags and tables as tops.
  • Canyon 150 as main cooler
  • Suspended cockpit floor
  • Canyon 35 as captain's cooler.
  • Captain's box as kitchen
  • Split dry boxes (20"L x 23"W x 17"h) with dory latches
  • Sawyer 10' 6" Dynalite oars
  • Pacific River bag - medium (not shown)
  • Four Seasons 4 bow bimini (8" L x 54" H X 73"-78"W)
View attachment 59948
That is pretty much as good as it gets.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
These rigs are so great, the skill and talent that goes into these boat builds is so cool. The designing and construction of oars, floors, frames, etc. are totally amazing to me.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Eddyline makes some of the nicest gear out there from what I've seen, and I absolutely love the sea deck material. Funny thing is, in the big scheme of things, their gear is way more bomber than the standard "handrail fitting" frames, but every bit as versitile with the lo pro fittings, which are much stronger and don't chew up the pipe. The southco latches are the icing on the cake..

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Funny thing is, in the big scheme of things, their gear is way more bomber than the standard "handrail fitting" frames, but every bit as versitile with the lo pro fittings, which are much stronger and don't chew up the pipe.
Agree.

IMHO a 100% lopro frame is unnecessarily heavy and expensive. The only exception is if you love tinker toys or plan to fly in a raft/frame frequently and really need full breakdown.

Otherwise, what you spend to have someone bend corners and weld decks is offset by not buying corner Lopros. Bomber, with more features, cost is a push, and no significant weight penalty.
The Lopros on crossbars and oar towers make complete sense...the new forged ones are really sweet.

1661 - 1679 of 1679 Posts