Mountain Buzz banner

1641 - 1660 of 1679 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally built a frame for my OG 1995 Puma. Stoked. Fits a surprising amount of the "bulky" items for just how small the raft is (11'6" and extremely narrow). Small propane tank, gamma lid bucket, 30qt cooler, 5 gal water, NRS boulder box + stove. Couple folding chairs, a rolling table and the dry bags should be easy to strap on the stern.

Attachments

·
Shapp
1,833 Posts
Here is its older brother, Blueberry Patch

Finally built a frame for my OG 1995 Puma. Stoked. Fits a surprising amount of the "bulky" items for just how small the raft is (11'6" and extremely narrow). Small propane tank, gamma lid bucket, 30qt cooler, 5 gal water, NRS boulder box + stove. Couple folding chairs, a rolling table and the dry bags should be easy to strap on the stern.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my dads sotar

I designed my dad this 14 foot Sotar. Unfortunately Im a artist and paint really colorful abstracts so all my gear is always really colorful. he has a maravia but its kind of a tank so I got him this one in hopes that I could one day use it. I designed it for desert rivers and the Colorado. Finally after 5 years he let me take it down the Colorado last year. It was way more stable than my 13 foot sotar. Handled the right side of lava just fine. I just finished a video of the trip im super proud about. check it!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpkaOh_pcAM

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 92”x72” frame. 72” is the widest they recommend. I can’t wait to get it out on the water. When does it come? I got a wonderful deal from the Boat People. Can’t recommend them more.

Similarly, we got our new 156R right before $hit hit the fan. But it looks so good in the garage. Can’t wait till rivers open back up. Hoping my Deso permit for July will still be used.
Sorry this is what I was trying to do

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have a 92”x72” frame. 72” is the widest they recommend. I can’t wait to get it out on the water. When does it come? I got a wonderful deal from the Boat People. Can’t recommend them more.

Mine is 72" wide and 86" long.
Double rail side bars. Inner rail is at 54" so I could use NRS crossbars (but never have).

This is what it looked like shortly after I built it (black POR-15 primer).

Built it to do double duty as a cataraft frame, but I almost never take the cat tubes out, so rarely use the drop rails.

Bays are 18-18-24-18. You can swap the 3rd and 4th bars so it can have 2 bays in front/1 behind (multiday/raft), or 1 in front/2 behind (cat)

We'll get yours there Saturday!! Do you need to borrow a pump?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks to mt4runner and makenzie and glacier raft co. And norther lights trading co. I got my new to me 156r! Now the fun part, figuring out where cool kids put stuff! Iam a novice whitewater guy but someday iam going to row this thing down a big long desert river! Only need some accessories now! Camera gear? Water slings? Day cooler? Lol! Thanks shawn and makenzie!!

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Got my two boats out on a birthday overnight a couple weeks ago. Me in blue and my buddy's daughter rowing the cow. Fun little b-day trip.

1641 - 1660 of 1679 Posts