Mountain Buzz banner

1621 - 1640 of 1679 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just finished some HDPE decking and table. A bit heavier than wood, but lasts forever and is textured and UV resistant. Cost 230 for a 1/2” 4x8. Probably worth it for the lifetime. Ended up just drilling the sideboards into certain parts of the frame, with about 6” of play for the bays.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just finished some HDPE decking and table. A bit heavier than wood, but lasts forever and is textured and UV resistant. Cost 230 for a 1/2” 4x8. Probably worth it for the lifetime. Ended up just drilling the sideboards into certain parts of the frame, with about 6” of play for the bays.
I like this layout alot. On my round boat I currently have 1 "U" shaped board over the front bay that extends as side rails to the end of 2nd bay so the cooler fits snug in bay 2. But I like the idea of rails all the way down the side with option of front board as removable table. I read the drilled holes part, but how are you securing to your frame?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The side boards are screwed directly into the outer tube of the frame, and the front and rear tubes, but not into the middle bays. I did this instead of straps because it makes the boards significantly more rigid for walking. I never remove the sideboards or really adjust the bays anyway, so I figured it wouldn’t be an issue to have them semi-permanently fixed.

I will just use straps through the holes for the table and a drop bag underneath

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm a big fan of HDPE, especially for floors - no maintenance, works with standard woodworking tools, no nasty splinters and slivers like with aluminum. That said, I think if your experience is like mine you will find 1/2" is a little too thin to span anything over 16-18" - which it looks like your table does in the front bay. It's not going to bend off the boat, but if used as seat for passengers you will want lightweight passengers... or add a stiffener underneath, any shape extruded aluminum or even pipe. You'll lose an inch or so of clearance between bottom of table and floor, but 3/4 or 1 inch channel or box will cure the flex...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep agreed, even on the sideboards there is mild flex.

The table has an aluminum frame for the table legs underneath which stiffens it up significantly and there is very little flex as far as that is concerned. Having said that, none of are bariatric so I can’t speak to the true weight limit.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Realized I never put a pic up of my finished boat. Zephyr with River Rat frame. I run kitchen box with a table on top, skinny bay for water jugs, fire pit, whatever, 125 cooler, ammo slings, and me on a dry box. Was going to go custom side boxes but the ammos fit great. I keep the bar in one and it's easy to haul up to camp. Also can run a drop bag in the front if I don't have to bring my kitchen. Pretty happy with the setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Year of the green boat....

Found this boat on CL a while back. It was advertised as a Williwaw 1. It wasn't until I got it home that I realized that it was actually a New Wave 3. No handles and one less air chamber. It was still a bargain so I didn't care. It came with Recretec frame and full front and rear fishing frames complete with lean bars. The people were Oregon Ducks fans and it had yellow everything, including frame, straps and O stickers on it. Being a Beavers fan I had to fix that, so I took it down to Recretec and had the frame re-powder coated and a seat mount put on the dry box. Came with a nice Sturdy Built trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Click go advanced, then scroll down to additional options, click manage attachments, a small window will pop up, click on one of the browse buttons, go to where the photo you want to upload is, select it, click upload and viola !

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 13 1/2 foot Sotar Liquid on the Colorado. Highgraded my other two boats and somehow got a 110 and a 125 Yeti in there. If i could take one thing to heaven with me this would be it, fully loaded with beer and my German Sheppard of course. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
That’s such a badass sotar. Totally dig the color scheme. What’s the make of the “side boxes”. Are they just really small dry boxes? That seems like a great idea to break up the kitchen box. Ours is such a pain to get out and bring to shore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! I spent a great deal of time trying do decide what colors to get. I got it in 2012 when Sotar would do the one week 20% off sale in April. Added 6 inches for free on my 13 foot order and it came out to 13'10'' with the width of a 13 footer. Made it down the Colorado just fine besides the eddy lines. the Eddy below president Harding was the closest i came to flipping the boat. the side boxes are from Cambridge Welding. I took them off my dads 95 Maravia with Cambridge Welding frame and box's. They still work great, only thing that did not get water in it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not sure why I typed Recretec...I was thinking Cambridge. I even have them on a boat. Too much internet surfing these days looking at boat stuff.

1621 - 1640 of 1679 Posts