Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Always a work in progress, right?

New deck boards, captain's floor, cooler, chicken line, refinished oars.

Built a motor mount with the help of @BGillespie

Next step: bar that spans across the stern mount for a motoring platform and place rig the motor through rapids. I was thinking about notching it for a backboard/table, but it's a real pain to unstrap the motor every time we set up camp.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For performance, duh.

Microphone Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting

I had the Honda 5 first, got the twoMerc 5 for really cheap but it wasn’t running so I fixed it.

Got the 20 to make 3 day cat trips feasible and lake cruising. Keeping the Honda 5 for Westwater trips, maybe Deso and longer Cat trips. Gonna run the 20 for the summer and see if it’s worth hanging on to. It needs quite a bit of work, too.

With that said, I’ll be selling the merc 5 and transom pretty soon if anyone in the Salt Lake area is in the market.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ha! I need the transom ! I just picked up a 6hp for deso trip end of July. Well be passing through saly lake on way lol! I have a 156r?
It would probably fit a 156r if you have 1-1/4” pipe. I’d rather try and sell the two as a package first, though. @BGillespie might be able to build you a transom that you could pick up on the way.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt Wheel Naval architecture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts