Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there know where I can get some rubberized paint? NRS used to sell it but not anymore. I recently purchased a used raft and wanted to remove the outfitters name. Any other ideas for removing the name besides painting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently got a raft from an outfitter and had to remove the name. I spent about 3 hours with MEK and was able to remove the name for under $75.00. I thought about painting the side but long term, removing the name will be better. Or take it to a raft repair shop and pay them to do it, a friend did this with his raft and paid close to $250.00. Good luck

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
riverconnection.com has Inland Marine raft paint in several colors.
KJ

·
Registered
227 Posts
Anybody out there know where I can get some rubberized paint? NRS used to sell it but not anymore. I recently purchased a used raft and wanted to remove the outfitters name. Any other ideas for removing the name besides painting?
Coming from Utah, do you have a Maravia from Holliday? They really lay their paint on thick.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I guess I have my work cut out for me with lots of elbow grease. The boat was from Sherri Griffith and the name is on there 4 fricking times. Maybe it would be easier to just change my name :>{)

·
sh$t show voyeuor/host
285 Posts
DIB (dibboats.com) has hypalon paint for around $80 a gallon. There is also a $40 hazardous materials shipping charge, unfortunately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
go with the MEK. it cuts thru hypalon paint way better than toluene. just make sure you got tons of rags/paper towels.

MEK is super toxic tho (as is toluene i assume). use a respirator and gloves, and don't do it indoors. good luck. with all that writing on it it could take a while!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts