Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with adding graphics to a raft? Specifically, if I wanted to add shark teeth on the side of my boat, what's the best way to do that? I see plenty of decals out there for hard shell kayaks, but obviously a decal on an inflatable ain't gonna work. Is there some kind of paint that would work on a raft, that wouldn't wear off in 6 months?

Edit: My boats are all PVC

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Both Zach's can do it for ya.... i.e. Whitewater Inflatable Technologies and Raft Fix. They do lots of logo's for the rafting outfitters. Both use Urethane paint. May not be cheap...I'd guess $400-500ish unless you can get in on it while they are spraying a bunch of outfitter boats or something.

Urethane works on Hypalon and PVC boats. You could probably figure it out...but once it is on there...getting it off is no easy task if you mess it up. With it being a PVC boat... with the caveat that i have never tried it and don't know exactly how it would react....you could maybe try that plastic specific paint that Krylon or Rustoleum makes.

Other thought was to buy cut out the shark tooth pattern in PVC material and glue it on too.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
To that end

Specifically urethane

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have an old canoe that is decorated with sharks teeth made from peel and stick plastic shelf liner.
You might have to replace it year to year but I think I did it for under $30.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can use an automotive interior spray paint on pvc boats, I can update with specific product name. We make vinyl stencils with our cricut machine and spray paint our decal/ logo on the rafts, it takes some finesse to set the vinyl right but they come out pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts