Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever put a NRS fishing frame on a 12ft Otter. What oar length would you recommend? And anyone ever put a stern seat with a casting deck on a 12 footer? Your input would be appreciated...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Registered
Don't you know that people here on the Buzz would never use NRS anything?馃槈 my friend has that boat and just bought 9.5' oars. He used 9' for a long time and they were also good. If the stern frame and fishing deck is what I am thinking (like a flats boat) that would be pretty cool.

Jim

Registered
I owned a 12 ft. Hyside and used an NRS fishing frame ( put together with parts, not the stock version) and the stern frame. My stern frame was for the anchor system and I didn't have a seat on it. My Hyside was 6 ft. wide and I used 8.5 ft. oars. I think the frame was 65 long and 54 wide. The chart on the NRS website recommended 8 ft. oars, but I thought they were too short.

Registered
Yep Cataraft Girl is right. I went out and checked. My buddy borrowed a set from me for a while and bought the same ones they are 8.5'. His boat is an otter 12'. His is older and I think they widened then since. ???

Registered
Yep Cataraft Girl is right. I went out and checked. My buddy borrowed a set from me for a while and bought the same ones they are 8.5'. His boat is an otter 12'. His is older and I think they widened then since. ???

I set mine up first with the 8 footers, and even in my garage I could tell they were too short for my liking. God bless Backcountry.com and their great return policy. Since they are based in SLC, return is easy. The 8.5 footers were perfect. I didn't have that raft for very long, but it was super fun. I still wish I could have kept it, but I didn't have storage for two rafts, and I really needed the money to get my 14 ft. Sotar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts