Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I submitted a query to this forum asking for a response from folks who had purchased a raft frame from Rowframe.com. Thanks to input from those users, I ordered a frame from Gary. After a couple minor contact glitches, I have a quality frame for an unbeatable price!

I highly recommend Gary's work and product and encourage anyone looking for a frame to contact him for a quote. He is a fun guy with a love for the water and great knowledge of the sport. He can offer friendly tips on almost anything raft related. It is great to work with and support a "local" craftsman in the Colorado area though he will provide frames for anyone anywhere.

I would love to hear from anyone who finds a better frame at a better price! Thanks Gary and here is the frame....

Attachments

·
Come and open the gate
183 Posts
i bought one of garys frames as well, and i can second everything ^ said.

low price, light, simple, breaks down in just a few minutes, goes back together in just a few more. i love it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I bought some t joints, offsets crosses, oar towers and a seat bracket from Gary back in May. Most importantly the gear is solid and well built. An added bonus is that the prices are quite reasonable - a lot less expensive than other rafting suppliers.

I wanted a custom frame with bends - Gary/RowFrame doesn't have that capacity yet, but he is planning on adding it for next season I think. So I bought the pipe from ALRECO in Brighton and got DRE to do the bends. The frame turned out great - I'll post pics sometime soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also just purchased a frame and oars from Gary. He has a great product at a great price and is easy to work with. My only advise would be to talk to him on the phone...his emails are often very short and don't answer the questions asked. On the phone or in person he is great and very knowledgeable. I'll attach a picture of the frame....

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I bought the pipe from ALRECO in Brighton
Was that the best place you found for pipe? Was it scrap pipe or new? Do you remember about what it cost? I'm in need of a couple new side rails for my frame but haven't found a good place to get them from.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had not posted the price for this frame, because every frame Gary makes is custom sized and designed for your use. He is wonderful at working with you and making suggestions from his years of experience to better your design.

I will post our price as he is true to the prices on his website. This frame was 330.00 delivered!! And again, I toss out the challenge to let me know if you find a comparable frame at a better price!

Safe and happy boating...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a frame from gary a couple weeks ago. I'm a rookie, but gary built me what I was wanting for a great price. The only way I could be happier is if I could stop losing the allen wrenches.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just got a frame from gary a couple weeks ago. I'm a rookie, but gary built me what I was wanting for a great price. The only way I could be happier is if I could stop losing the allen wrenches.
What I did was buy a t-handle allen wrench - about $5 - make sure you get one a solid one with metal extending into the handle. Then I got a beer coozie. Ripped out the bottom of it, then wrapped it around the handle of the allen wrench and used electrical tape to hold it in pace. A few white strips of electrical tape in addition to the bright green of the coozie make it stand out. And now it floats if dropped into a river.

·
Come and open the gate
183 Posts
What I did was buy a t-handle allen wrench - about $5 - make sure you get one a solid one with metal extending into the handle. Then I got a beer coozie. Ripped out the bottom of it, then wrapped it around the handle of the allen wrench and used electrical tape to hold it in pace. A few white strips of electrical tape in addition to the bright green of the coozie make it stand out. And now it floats if dropped into a river.

i also bought a t handle wrench, i like the koozie>floating wrench idea. i might extend that to other river items as well. i have alot of extra koozies around the house.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Damn smart idea, thanks!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
HEY! Coozies are for beer!!!

I have an emergency allen wrench duct taped to both my boats, out of the way under the seat. Has come in handy many times.

Saw on rowframe.com a reference to "carbon/composite" frames.
Emailed Gary and I guess it is an idea he is going to work on over the winter.
I am a big fan of "the lighter the better".
Has anyone ever tried helium to inflate a cat?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Has anyone ever tried helium to inflate a cat?
No, but I understand that hydrogen was once used with, uh, "interesting" results. Bystanders were heard crying, "Oh the humanity!"

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
HEY! Coozies are for beer!!!
Come on, remember the two-uses-for-everything rule? Wait, this kind of ruins the coozie (also knows as Huggies for you manly-men) so it doesn't really apply. Still, totally rad idea!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts