Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first post here. So first off, hello everybody.

Now what brings me here is that I recently bought this.

I got everything pictured for $350. A pretty good deal, however, the floor has seen much better days. There was a fair amount of patch material included with the raft as well, so at this point the plan is to lay a whole new floor over the existing one underneath. Anyone ever done this? Is this the way to go?
What type of adhesive do I want to use, and what's the process?

Any info is helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
im assuming it a standard floor? if you wanted to get crazy you could cut it out and try to find a self bailing floor that might fit from another boat to glue in,or run it without a floor at all and put a cat frame on it

·
Banned
162 Posts
I would just use it for 350.00 and have fun. Don't get too deep in that project you will probably find yourself upgrading to something and selling it and getting all your money back

·
Registered
462 Posts
Can't see pics for some reason...but I agree w' orto.

I was given a 30 y.o. hyside with blown baffles, a leaky/soft floor, a slowly leaking thwart (tubes hold good tho) and some pretty good scuffs w/ exposed fabric. I considered dumping some money into urethane, flexseal tube sealant, new valves/boots, seam tape, patches, and bulkhead work to get her up to where I wanted.

Well I thought about it and it was gonna get expensive and be a ton of work. Eventually all I did was go over the worn spots, pulled up edges and valve boots with aqua seal....then I took the prv valve with a bad donut job off the floor (I'm assuming your floor has one?) cleaned it, replaced it and aquasealed it as well. I also tightened the screws around the military valves. If you can't tell I'm a fan of aquaseal.

Now the floor holds air great, The scuffs are protected and the leaky thwart is fixed. It is now my loaner/ flatwater fishing boat. Total cost of repair-$28.50 in aquaseal.

I suggest you do the same kind of rundown. If you find small leaks in the floor just patch them....or even use tear aid, which is another great product

1 - 6 of 6 Posts