Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty stoked on my new garage set up. I haven’t seen this done before but I’m sure I’m not the first. The inside of the shelf gives me an extra 3” on each side of the raft which requires careful placement but isn’t hard to do. It is however unfortunate timing because lumber is so expensive right now. I was thinking $300 and this ran me $600. At that point I was too invested in the idea to back down. The back half of the shelf has no wall so I’m able to store things under the trailer and behind the wheel axle.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just did similar for my dirt bikes. I can line them up under it and all that space for storage above...

·
Registered
1 Posts
No doubt, a pretty envious garage!

I just bought another boat and had to figure out how to lift the other one up but inside my storage unit without drilling into the unit. Luckily, there was a big enough lip on the side wall that I could support the edges of the 4x6 beams I made out of 2x4s, which were over $10 a piece right now! Major savings were incurred when I found the Harbor Freight Gambrel and Pulley Hoist, which is a super cheap block and tackle with an actually heavy duty hanger. The Gambrel and Hoist cost just $16, and I only needed 2 to hang a 13' cataraft. Discounting the racket straps that I have too many of, the total for this raft hoist was under $100!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts