Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m looking for any volunteers interested in assisting with water based safety for the adventure race taking place in Buena Vista on Saturday, May 10th. Information on the race can be found at: AXS Adventure Racing Buena Vista, CO

If you’re interested in making a few bucks while getting the chance to practice your rescue and throw bagging skills before the start of the season this will be a great opportunity. There will be between 10-15 solo inflatable kayaks and another 70-80 tandem inflatable kayaks navigating a short course on the Arkansas so I’m anticipating plenty of action and entertainment…

I’m looking for folks to man throw bags as well as folks to provide boat based safety (either in kayaks, inflatable kayaks or rafts).

The race will start at 8:00 AM on May 10th so volunteers would need to be available from 7:30 AM on Saturday through about than mid–day (I’m guessing about 4 hours total). Last year’s event was a tremendous success and we’re looking forward to another great race this year.

Volunteers will have their choice of either $50 cash or a $100 race voucher for a future a Gravity Play Sports Event. Volunteers will also receive an event T-shirt and a meal.

If you’re interested and available please contact me at [email protected] When you respond please provide a brief summary of your experience and what type of assignment you are interested in (kayak safety, raft or land based safety).

Thanks!

RMRC and AXS Staff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

Still looking for a few more folks to help out on the 10th.

Let us know ASAP if you can help out.

Thanks!

RMRC and AXS Staff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts