Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logan and I got an early start and drove from BV to Pilar on Sun. Ice, frozen precip and heavy ground fog from Poncha Pass to Alamosa. Explored a river access in very southern CO. at Lasauses Cemetery. Rio was frozen solid here. Looks like a good option for a class 2 self support putin.

Arrived at the Quartzite putin at noon and met 3 dedicated NM boaters, Abe (Abron Cabron on the Buzz), Jeff H. and Ed Lucero. Rio was at 340ish with almost zero ice. 50ish degrees with intermittent sun and dynamic passing clouds. It rained and snowed there Sat night and is back to storming today. I would call 340 low water but not ELFing at all. Had a fun run, Ed played some features hard and managed some nice looking Loops.

Dinner at Ed's place on the rio with his family (3 yr old twins!) and the long drive home in clear dry conditions. A long day but a really fun Jan. paddle to keep the monthly streak alive. At least one of us got their first Jan. paddle ever.

Logan may post some pics...

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Yeah, sorry. Slow with the pics and video. Had a great day playing on the Racecourse with super nice paddlers on a nice 50 degree day in January.

Had a FANTASTIC day today at Monarch. Absolutely shit snow all day. Their 3.5" report is a bluff. Tomorrow's will be more like a foot.

I will bump this again with some pics when I get a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts