Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used this area? Heading out for a 3 day inaugural float with our new rig and need a place to land for the night. I am guessing it can get a bit busy this time of year from weekend RVers and OHVers but curious about likelihood of rolling in and finding a place on friday night.

Thanks for sharing.

Phillip

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've stayed at the campground a few times. It's got bathrooms, picnic tables and tent pads. Most of the time its not full but there are also other dispersed sites in the same general area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This time of year that area sees a lot of traffic. On a friday night, it will be tough to find an open spot. There are not that many "acceptable" camp sites there but there is a lot of open area in which you could pull off and sleep for the night.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rabbit Valley High Desert Hideout...

It is part of the National rec site now , restricted camping and travel,
Beautiful area, I own land on the rim, overlooking river canyon, smack in the middle of it all, building private camping sites now, will inform when available. will mostly be for mountain bikers but.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go camp at Knowles canyon overlook campground. There are about 6 sites there, they are free and have a kickass view of the river. Bathrooms, fire pits, and picnic tables. When we were there a month ago, we saw a scorpion in camp in the a.m. Do the mcdonald canyon hike down to the river. Cool rock art.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts