Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good raft float with the kids(5 and under). Whose run this? Is there anything in there to be concerned about?
Thanks

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I am looking for a good raft float with the kids(5 and under). Whose run this? Is there anything in there to be concerned about?
Thanks
BV Town Run to Johnson Village - demo'd dam with a so called boat chute on the right. Some run it left. Never rafted it. I kayak. Probably wouldn't take the kiddos.

Milk Run - Johnson Village to Fishermans or a bit further to Ruby Mountain - clean so take the kids.

·
Super Moderator
3,963 Posts
The BV Town run is definitely not for kiddies as not only is there the dam but there's also a swift-moving stretch of Class III that would be an ugly swim for little people if one were to have an out of boat experience. You can launch at Wilderness Aware for about $3 - $5 per boat and take out at Ruby Mountain for (another $5/car) a fun, splashy day with the kids.

Have a good time!

-AH

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Wilderness Aware to Ruby Mtn it is.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The other fun one for kids is either big bend to salida or salida east to rincon.

Both are very mellow, big bend to salida has one low head dam with a very easy mellow boat ramp on the left.

Salida east is super chill with lots of little splashy class 1 and 2 rapids, we did a mothers day float this year on that section. Just so you know as well this is the busiest fishing section on the river, so the put in and take out's are designed for trailers and the rangers will get on you if you hog up the ramp while inflating and rigging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts