Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to fort collins and wanted to see if any of you ride sport bikes. How's the season out there?Does the salt cause problems with traction and limit the season? I'm debating a dual sport vs a SV650 to take out there.

Thx

Scott

·
Registered
81 Posts
The salt sucks out here, we only get to bike about 2 months out of the year due to the traction. I would recommend staying in the South, nothing much to do right now but kayak.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a SV650S, I rode more days in January this year than I did in April. You'll get at least 4 days of riding a month in the winter... They don't salt out here, just sand. Oh, and i live in fort collins, so bring your SV and maybe we can ride (and kayak of course). There are some sweet twisties out here by the fort.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 919, and agree that you can ride all year long. You just can't take tight corners in the canyons all year long, because there is often sand in the canyons during the winter. But once the rain falls in the spring, the sand washes away and you have from about April to Sept or Oct of clean roads where you can lean till your pegs hit...but once it has snowed, it's a good idea to be cautious in the canyons to make sure there isn't sand, then race on the way back if it's clear. You'll find days in or near the 60's just about any month during the winter. I would say bring the SV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts