Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex, what level was the middle fork at when you ran Loon Creek in those pictures on your website? How far up did you hike up and overall is it worth it? Will be running MF next week at around 4-5ft. and would like to do loon creek if possible. Thanks for beta.

Zach.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
We hiked a couple of miles up Loon (w/ Alex), and the MF flow was at about a medium flow at the time. There are a couple of picturesque drops in there, and it was fun to explore. Definitely check it out when you're on the river, but it's nothing super-hard or continuous. If I had to guess, it was about 300 cfs at the time..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmmm.... we ran the Middle Fork in mid June of last year. I forget what the exact level was but it was running at a good medium flow.

As far as Loon Creek goes we hiked about 2 miles up an easy path along the creek which makes it easy to scout and decide if there is enough water.

There are hot springs off of the creek not too far from camp. I would recommend camping there if you can.

Later in the trip we hiked another creek that was well worth it... I think it was called Big Creek?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts