Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Eric Ducomb and I will be hosting a grassroots race. We have always wanted to get a big party of boaters together and have an event on the Quake Lake section of the Madison River.

Flows are just under 1k which is still a really fun flow with lots of good boofs. This section of river is class IV and V- at these flows and runs year round. It's comparative to the lower five on the North Fork imo at about the same flows, except slightly shorter. North Fork rules apply,which make the river a little more challenging than it may seem, looking from the rim when scouting. I know people older than this newly formed section of radness, which makes its unique experience..

Probably have a sixer and five dollars as buy in, winner takes all. Thinking teams of two or single or boatercross up for anything and all! Be sick to have a mass start from the lake at the same time!

Let me know what you think , and if you are interested. I'm thinking have the race next weekend. Have a good labor day weekend guys

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
There was an event there a few years back. I remember seeing it on the buzz. Unfortunately someone died. Be safe.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was an event there a few years back. I remember seeing it on the buzz. Unfortunately someone died. Be safe.
That's because a dam broke and it's was huge unfortunately, if I remember correctly... 1k is sane but shit happens all the time. Gotta be ready and deal with it

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It might have been around the time they were doing that big release to protect the dam. I don't believe it failed, but it took major repair? I hope to get over there sometime with my cat, unfortunately right now I'm even missing the usual NFP festivities this weekend with other cataholics.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell yeah not a problem Nate, just getting ball rolling. wish I had a passport or I would be headed up there. But I have couple more weeks of work than off two months. We still have BC here closer to home!!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha yeah that's not the point. You Cola'Rad'uns are the bastard offspring of a Californian hipster and fat Texan. You gonna have to bring it to take home the Quake and Bake belt. Also have a name that doesn't sound like your from a Japanese anime....

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First unofficial quake race will be held 15th of this month at noon. Sats entry is ten bones and a twelver of brew. Winner takes all and you take home the quake and bake trophy. Gotta show up to see what it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
lets be honest...wyominites and montuckians are the only real competitors...this has five times more water than the state of colorado ever had with all its rivers combined.:p

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more week Togo. With the Ogden race cancelled be sweet to see couple more boats.. Gonna be fun flows still holding 900 something , this is what she looks like at this level..

https://vimeo.com/48935227
Enjoy and hope to see some Friends! Still plenty of water left for everybody let's keep it up!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Couple days to go! Gonna be a good turn out from the sounds of it.
Race day is Saturday meeting at quake at noon.

Belt buckle for the champ, tshirts for everybody

1 - 20 of 33 Posts