Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a brand new Varun for $575 no tax. Is this a good deal or should I keep looking for a used Wavesport Fuse or Jackson Fun?

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you're looking for a river/play boat, that is a sweet deal. I love mine, have been paddling it for a couple season now. The outfitting is simple but effective. I like the thigh hooks much better than Jackson's. Surfing machine- spins great, stable on end. I'd like to think it'll loop if I sucked less. :p

Not sure why they never got more popular, other than I think all the boats in that class are really good boats. I thought it was more comfortable than the appropriately sized Fun or the Fuse, really liked the way the Freeride felt, but the Varun was close, and a bunch cheaper.

Sam

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have one too and really like it alot. It is my go-between boat. Great surfer and amazing little river runner as well. I feel very stable in it and it rolls very easily. I also like the thigh braces better than Jackson and have never been a fan of the Fuse at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A good river play boat. If that is what you are looking for and it is comfortable for you then go for it.

Some previous discussion in other threads you can search if you want.

Have fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts