Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a lightly used Pyranha Everest for a good price. Does anyone have experience paddling this boat? I am looking for a boat that would be good for a self support trip. I live in Western Oregon, and would also want a boat that would preform well in low volume creeks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Had one since they came out, loved the boat. Ample room for gear and handles the weight well - it is a great multiday boat. Some might say the edges will be a disadvantage on lower volume creeks but that is a personal choice of what you are looking for. Never had any issues on lower volume runs and i prefer the planing hull. Did upgrade to a Karma this year, but it was that or another Everest and me wanting a change had a lot to do with the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Very helpful. How are you liking the Karma? My buddy just got one and really likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
12 Posts
had mine since 2010-ish and I love it. It has taken me down many a creek over the years and has never failed me once. I love the edge on it.. it's definitely a personal preference thing when it comes to having edges on steep creeks and i almost never notice it grab on rocks when paddling it on mankier, low water runs. It's a great all around boat, you can creek in it, take it on big water, pack it full of gear for an expedition. definitely one of my favorite boats i've ever paddled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts