Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my kingpin for easy downriver runs and park/play but the leaking thing is really getting old. I like the Pyranha outfitting and my Burn is very dry so I was thinking of trading in the Kingpin for the Pyranha. Problem is that I like the way the Kingpin paddles. Is the 420 anything like the kingpin? Their specs are very similar.

greg

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have paddled both extensively and really like both models. I think the 420 is a little better downriver and much better on a wave. That being said I think the kingpin is hands down the best hole boat ever made. My one complaint with the kingpin is it is a little unbalanced so I have a tendency to flush out of holes on the stern. The 420 is amazingly balanced and its stern is my favorite so far. I would like a little more volume in the bow of the 420 but it is very comfortable. All in all both boats are very good designs but the 420 is a slightly more rounded design and the kingpin a bit more specific.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
5 Posts
:) Dagger is addressing the leaking cockpit and their 07 boats will have a new design which is supposed to be much drier. I don't know if they are tweaking the molds for the kingpin to include the new cockpit ideas.

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have gleaned from Hobie posts....all new daggers will have the new cockpit rim. I made the assumption that this didnt include the kingpin. I would also like to get a little more leg room in the swap as well.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the agent replaced the crazy 88

1 - 6 of 6 Posts