Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Buzzards,
This is meant to be a friendly reminder to......
PUT OUT ALL FIRES COMPLETELY!!!!!!
Use water and stir! Let's not burn down our playgrounds.

We were floating on the Upper C on the Radium to Rancho section yesterday. We got thru Yarmony rapid and as we were floating by the Island campsite, noticed a plume of smoke with no campers visible. This was around 1pm.

We were able to wrap around into the eddy and there were no boats in the eddy. We got out, took a walk around the site and called out to see if there were some folks just hanging around or saving the spot for later. No one around.... No gear, no tents.

We used our helmets to bucket some water into the fire ring. It was very hot and it was pretty obvious that no attempt had been made to put it out.

I'm a big fan of sitting around the fire enjoying a few beverages, but we all should be doing this responsibly!

Kris

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Wow. Just wow. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not surprising on the Upper C..... more booze than brains. I do love this stretch of water and appreciate the effort to keep it from burning down!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for stopping and putting it out, and its a worthy reminder for all...but lets be honest, the perps that left that fire burning are probably not going to see your PSA.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,265 Posts
The Rangerette that I know says that unattended camp fires make up the majority of the tickets that she writes. Followed closely by cutting green trees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts