Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm headed out to Gore this weekend and taking a friend new to the river. She wants to get some II and III and it looks like pumphouse to Rancho Del Rio or Yarmoney Bridge would be nice because I can get my goregasims one day and then enjoy a float the other. We've got quite a drive to get out there and it'd be awesome to be able to carpool. I've done pumphouse to radium, but haven't been lower. Is it hard to find a ride back to the put in? Is there a takeout below red gorge that would be best for finding a ride back up? Anyone else going to be running a similar section and want to help out on shuttle and drink some beers in return? :). I'm thinking we'll run it Saturday.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wouldn't call anything at this water level class III, imo. You'll have to pay a few bucks to take out at Rancho. If you go up to the road, or ask around at the parking area, it won't take too long for you to find a ride on the weekend. I think the section between Rancho and State bridge is more fun because there is less flat water, but maybe bit harder to work a shuttle. Sunday weather looks bad so there may be fewer folks to hitch from, but usually it is easy hitching on the weekends in that area.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Depending on which way your traveling, also consider two bridges to catamount, if I am remembering right. Check mileage and don't overcommit. The hitch can be tougher down below catamount where the road leaves the river for a spell.

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
yo man i live at rancho. gonna do some duckying tommorrow, just not sure if up or downstream. if you wanna join up i can help with shuttle.

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
i'll be up there all weekend. lower blue's awesome, colorado's still running strong. i'm up for anything.
gimme a call. my number at rancho is 97o-653-o132.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes there are still lots of runs doing really well for this time of year. I plan on calling several people by thursday to put something together this weekend. So far the Lower Blue and Shoshone combination looks like a winner for sure. Let's get a good-size group together. I'll update later on with confirmations on group size and times. Several IK's in our paddling group. Great weather for this weekend.

·
fat guy in a little boat
412 Posts
hell yeah fellas i'm down!!
i'm on the front range till tomorrow, then i'll be back home at rancho.
i'd prefer to ducky, but i've got a 16ft sterny we can use if need be.
gimme a shout, lets put something together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts