Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the name's Craig. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to being a river bum. I got the bug last year when I floated the Smith with a friend.

Anyway I've got my buddies 14' Sotar with frame for the weekend and was thinking about making trip from Pumphouse to Catamount. Has anyone been on the Upper Colorado recently? Concerned with the flows getting higher that this might be out of my skill level, which is around a III.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Won't say that you can but hard to imagine you couldn't. Highly doubt you'll be alone on the river at least from pumphouse to state bridge.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Craig, you are good to go. It is a perfect flow (ie- current is moving against any headwinds). Rapids are perfect splishy splasy fun (II+). Yarmony hole top right is not even there yet. Temperatures in the high 60s - low 70s. Perfect.

And there will be other folks for people watching! Gets quieter after State Bridge. Then from Two Bridges takeout to Catamount you will have it all to yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input and replies.

My friend is a great guy, maybe a little too trusting. It's the rafts maiden voyage since he bought it. He won't get to take it out for another couple of weeks when I deliver it to him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow...he is a little too trusting. Doesn't seem right to let someone else take out their boat on the maiden voyage...especially a brand new boat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Want to go

I want to take our raft to test out the new frame/oars on pumphouse. Are you interested in doing the shuttle together? I am open to either Saturday or Sunday. PM if you want....

·
Registered
458 Posts
How about a 3rd boat that's ready for a maiden voyage? I've got a Wave Destroyer that's itchin to get wet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really wish I could join the party, as I have a "new to me" boat that needs to be on the water ASAP. Guess it will have to wait for the DRE Rendezvous next weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts