Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got back from Cataract (great trip) and wanted to get one more day on the river before going back to work on Monday. Is pumphouse at just below 600 all right in a 14 foot oar rig? I don't think I've ever run it under about 1000. The weather is supposed to be great tomorrow, but is the ice all gone? Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've run it at a little over 700 in a WW canoe and had lots of rocks to dodge. I suspect you could make it through, but the bottom of your raft may not like you afterwards.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ran it last week at 573 in a 14' raft. Lowest ever for me and fairly slow going but totally doable. The low level did make the usual afternoon headwind extra special. Enjoy

·
fat guy in a little boat
409 Posts
i've been in there in a ducky as low as the 450's. bit boney but it looked like it still goes even for a raft at that low.
and i'd assume the ice has gotta be completely gone given how warm it's been.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Bring your smallest boat.....and good attitude and realize your on the river when some of us are still sitting in the office....you'll have a perfect time!!! Its all state of mind!
:)
Coon

·
Registered
251 Posts
We ran Pump house to Radium twice yesterday in Kayaks. It ran fine. We saw at least 10 rafts or drift boats. Water was well below the tunnel by the eye of the needle so we scouted it out. Pretty cool. The bottom of the tunnel has about 1" of solid ice and even a frozen fish trapped in the ice. We have always wondered what was inside the tunnel (not much). The hot springs were only warm but still felt good. Only saw 3 other Kayaks on this stretch. They said they ran Gore Saturday but "ran into some issues".

·
Registered
289 Posts
Be careful just below put-in down there, apparently its mating season for big fat people on river left. Just ask anyone in our group of 6 that did gore last Friday, and used the takeout down near the campground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts