Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on taking the grandson down Pumphouse in the raft this coming weekend, doing a little camping and trying for a few nice rainbows. I just checked the flows and it has suddenly dropped to the 300s. I see the flow out of Green Mt is being closed off. Any ideas if there will be even a barely adequate flow by Sat, 4/6/12 to make the run, or will we be doing bank fishing?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link to the Blue. I missed it. Lousy timing for us. Guess we'll be casting from shore.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Actually, I think this latest low flow is due to the cold weather a couple days ago, and the Williams Fork being dropped by over 100 cfs over the past couple days. That drop in the Blue took place last weekend. I know someone who floated Pumphouse to Radium yesterday at just barely over 400 cfs, and only bumped a few rocks. You have to walk your raft back up a long channel after passing the island at the Radium takeout, though - no way to get thru above the island. Not sure what it would be like at current flow of 366.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts