Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could get any info on what pumphouse is like at this level. I ran it last year with some friends around 1000cfs and it was great for beginners. The crew I would be taking is again beginners and they would be in Maverik IK duckys. Any thoughts....the crew at Rancho del rio said they are not allowing rentals above rancho because of the high water....should I be worried? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
not realy, I think eye of the needle will have more water pouring around the rock at its enterance, other than that its all waves.

the rentals thing is bs they are more sold out than not renting. this section is easy and fun, fast though, over in an hour. do laps or go all the way to state bridge.

have fun, if i can convince my bro we are going down monday in playboats.

bob

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
VI- at little gore at least.

It'll be a blast, especcially in the IK's so you can collect gear & kep going if there's an incident. They'll love it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ran it on the 4th with a raft and two duckies, all intermdiate paddlers. We were glad we did not have any beginners with us as the waves were huge and it was hard to see what was coming up from the low viewpoint of a duck. It was fun but by the time we got to State Bridge the other ducky paddler and I were very cold got the shivers at the takeout. Neither of us had a swim, but if we had it would have been very tough to get warmed back up again. Neoprene strongly recommended, consider taking out at Radium or Rancho if you don't have it cause you will get very wet at this level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts