Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's Denver Post mentioned that Pueblo is planning a WW park.

Does anyone know anything about this park?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I know that they went through tons of approval work over the last few years and that Colorado Springs tried to block the creation of it. Last I had heard was that they had approval and were moving forward with it. Get in touch with Bob at The Edge. It is the paddle shop in Pueblo, he will have the low down.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey - I talked to Bob.
C. Springs and Pueblo Water Works have agreed on the Springs pipeline deal, which has stipulations guaranteeing flows for the park in Pueblo. P. city council needs to approve it, and that is likely to happen next week. After that I think it's basically a done deal.

Bob seems excited about the park - says it should be done and open in 05, in downtown Pueblo. He said it will have much cleaner water than places like Confluence, and seems to think the flows will be pretty good. even in winter there should be enough flow for some play.

As someone who works in Pueblo West, I'm pretty jazzed about it.
-Mike

·
Registered
586 Posts
Oh ... Oh, wait a minute.
Now Aurora has seen the details of the deal between Springs and Pueblo, and they don't like it. Meetings will be had. Litigation has been threatened. So apparently that is ONE MORE hurdle to be cleared before the Pueblo WW park is reality.
Stay tuned....
And, anybody got any updates on conditions at Shoshone? Is it iced up?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks, Ben.
I'm outta town for a couple of weeks, but then, like the second weekend of March, I might be looking to go do Shoshone conditions permitting. Lemme know if you're interested - and I'll prolly do a "Shoshone Sunday?" post that week.
-mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts