Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to the Pueblo Whitewater park now that the water is really flowing. I'm curious what it's like at these higher flows and am thinking about driving down to check it out.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Red, I am going down tomorrow if you want to carpool. I am in the Springs. Interested?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pueblo

Greg,

I won't be boating on Thursday, but I think I'll be leaving work by 2pm on Friday and am interested in Canon City or Parkdale.

I drove down to Pueblo tonight and the water is kicking. I was the only one there so I only dabbled in the 3rd drop.

Drew

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Drew, I am not able to boat on Friday but would be interested in a weekend run if you are interested.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was there with gh and Jim S today and it was great. We played number six pretty hard. It's one heck of a motivator to roll knowing number seven is just downstream.
GO!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you're leaving Canon City driving towards the Gorge, there's a bend in the road just after the prison. Take a left into the large parking lot. Walk under the train tracks and upstream a bit and there should be a fun wave.

I haven't really surfed it since we had the good water a few years back, so it's possible things have changed. If I remember correctly it starts getting worthwhile over 2K. By 3.5K it was really fun. I doubt many people could do cartwheels or other verticle moves, but it was great for carving and flat spins.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Drew - this is a man-made feature, but it was intended as a low-head dam bypass. I just went there today, and although it was surfable for sure, it was not intended for park-n-play. I would not put it on your list for the MRWWP project. Shouldn't you be packing for Uganda instead of surfing the Buzz?

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Just thought I'd use this space to say I'm a new kayaker, and I live in the springs. I am hoping to find a group to contact for outings once I know how to better function in the water in my own boat. I've had two training classes, so right now I'm more of a swimmer than a kayaker ;)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Helio, I sent you my work number. Give me a call, I sent you my phone number in a private message. One of the things that you could do is go to the whitewater park with me and I can set up some things for you to work on while I perfect the front surf.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts