Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does pueblo White Water Park ever go higher then a class III or does it just wash out. It is currently running over 2K just wondering if it is still rated at III.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It is not a flush over 2,000. I have been there at close to 5,000, and some of the features get really big. Still "Class III" I suppose, but there are a couple of very big, rowdy wave-holes when it gets big, and some of the pockets are sticky. Really excellent play there at high water.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
The PPP isnt even worth going to till it is over 2k. Higher levels and I wouldnt go left at number 7 if you want class III though. Easily missed but you would want to miss it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
so is it worth a drive from denver for some after work playboating at or around 2K?
Personally, I would say that it is. I'll make a bold statement and say that it's the best play park in the state when it's over 2k. I've paddled most around CO...and none of them have the size and diversity of the PPP. Seven features with excellent access to most (except #4...it can be difficult)....very few paddlers to compete with/wait in line....huge eddies. And it can be paddled late into the night...the lights from the train yard on the other side of the levee light up #3 pretty well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts