I'm heading down to Pueblo tommorrow to hopefully get some practice in before the sat. event, but the flow is still at like 50 cfs. Does anyone know when they are going to start releasing, or should I plan on bringing the fishing rod tommorrow?
Glad to hear that you are coming for Saturday's Ice Breaker. It should be a blast! I am afraid that flows may not come up much before Saturday however due to local drought conditions. You are welcome to come down today and see if things improve during the afternoon. Unfortunately we can't promise you anything. But do feel free to stop by The Edge and say "Hi" to Bob and Jay. The store is on Union Avenue just blocks from the river and you can get in touch with them at 719 583.2021.
Talked to Bob at the Edge on Wed. and from what I understand, they're not going to start releasing water until later this evening. I doubt the flow will be all that great today....supposed to be atleast 600 by tomorrow morning.....it might be worth a looksie around dinner time though. Probably back down to 200-400 on Sunday.
Just to confirm, the story in the Chieftain and what everyone has been saying here on the Buzz so far is about right.
The State called us this morning and had us put an additional 35 cfs in the river. It's running at about 109 cfs out of Pueblo Dam right now. We are literally waiting by the phone for the State to call with the bump up. We aren't sure how much it is going to be when the call finally comes, but have heard the same rumors.
I won't be at work when the call comes, but sounds like you all have plenty of info sources. Have fun down there!
A forum community dedicated to whitewater kayaking, boating, and rafting enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about safety, routes, gear, models, styles, gear swaps, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!