Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, September 21st at the Pueblo Whitewater Park. Mark your calendars and come on down. The water board has "promised" us flows of around 700cfs (pretty darn good for the end of Sept.). :D

Tons of fun and kick ass food to be had.

- Freestyle/rodeo competition starting at 10am with prizes/gift certificates donated by The Edge.
- Build-your-own RAFT RACE starting at 1pm (must have chile/frijole theme).
- Rubber ducky race at 3pm (the little ones...we throw em in at the top and see who makes it to the end first for a CASH PRIZE!!).

For those of you that don't know, the Chile and Frijole Festival is a pretty big deal in Pueblo every year. It's a weekend long event along Union Avenue in historic downtown. Our park is only a few blocks away. Come spend the weekend eating roasted Chile's and plenty of beans to power your big air moves in the freestyle comp. :p

For more details contact Bob Walker at The Edge (719) 583-2021

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can we make this a "sticky" for the next couple weeks?

What other events are happening around the state this time of year? Good flows, good fun, good peeps, good food. Come on down!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This event is always BIG FUN so if your not going to make the drive to Glenwood head down to Pueblo for great prizes and free raft rides for non boater and kids of all ages. See you there

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a blast enjoying the event in the past, the warm water, the people and food are terrific. I also like the features at the whitewater, there is a vast variety of waves unlike other parks in the state.

I know my friends and I will be there...

·
Butt-boater
229 Posts
The water is on the way up...last gauge said 500cfs on the way to 700cfs! 10:30am Saturday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts