Mountain Buzz banner

Pucon Kayak Hostel

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Pucon Kayak Retreat 
#1 ·
I am considering taking a gap year from school to do the student program at Pucon Kayak Hostel. Does anyone have any reviews of the program?
Or, any other suggestions for a kayaking themed gap year? I was considering doing NOLS possibly as an alternative.

#7 ·
Thanks for sharing lmeyers. Just came across this in Google and wanted to update. You are correct... as the hostel was not sustainable we transitioned to one week kayak and adventure trips, Pucon Kayak Retreat. PKR still offers economical options in the form of camping and dorms options for the one week kayak trips.
Here is a direct link to our best Chile Whitewater Kayaking Trips. Lots of free Chile rivers data on the site too.

Thanks again for sharing what you learned.

#6 ·
Hi Lowell,
I know you are well past your study abroad, but just came across this Chile study abroad post in Google. Here's an update Pucon Kayak Retreat is now partnering with Colorado Mountain College and Pucon Chile's Universidad de la Frontera to offer a JAN to APR 15 week semester abroad. The Chile Study Abroad Adventure Marketing and Management Program (AMMP) includes 18 credits in sustainability, swift water rescue, business management, marketing, and outdoor adventure recreation courses.
While, we know you likely had a great program elsewhere it is worthwhile to answer your question with the proper update.
KEEP KAYAKING.
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.