1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have had that basic grill since 2005 and it works like a champ. I paid $150 back then and I have gotten my monies worth. The heat shield inside rotted away for the most part but still works great. Only problem is it is not the easiest to rig in the boat and is a little big. I am going to this style now more compact and even cheaper, you can find off bran ones for $30 or $40 bucks.

https://www.target.com/p/char-broil-174-gas-tabletop-grill/-/A-12802282?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Patio+Garden+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Patio+Garden&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9041380&gclid=CjwKEAjwjunJBRDzl6iCpoKS4G0SJACJAx-VERsxoZT41H-rqYWtjMIZcSPgn-RnOXK9d9m09dSkpxoCoNPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Registered
RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
463 Posts
One of the local outfitters on the Rogue uses one very similar to those. I built some nice padded bags for them last year. The feedback about the grills and bags have all been good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can tell you one of the few pieces of gear that has worked poorly for me is the Century 5320 grill/stove combo, purchased just for those fire charcoal restricted trips. It may be parted out or modified to be a propane camp fire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've used one of these little $20 ones for a few seasons. It's a pita to clean but works great every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
8 Posts
After going through models with fake lava stone and every other gimmick we bought the Weber Go Anywhere grill. Unlike many other cheaper BBQ the Weber gets HOT, and it's an even heat. Easily holds 3 big steaks, and breaks down pretty compact. $50 to $60 bucks, but they last. Great little BBQ, fits right into my dry box.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, I think I am now leaning towards the Weber. My $20 cheapo lasted a season or two of camping but then started falling apart.

Whitewater Worthy Equip, I would be interested in info on the bag you made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts