Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get more into playboating but I can't decide which boat to go with. What are the pros and cons of each of these boats?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
12 Posts
I 've got allstar. i tried Buiscit and Project also. I think they are pretty similar. I decided for allstar because it loops realy high even while I am at 192 lb. Project 52 could not give me the pop what allstar could and P.62 felt too huge. Buiscit felt good also---high loops and cartwheels, just on the wave at Genwood I felt better at allstar. There is also new allstar 2010, which i had a chance to try, thanks to Clay Wright, on the wave at Glenwood. The boat feels realy nice. It is super shorty 5'10" but I fit to it just right(I am 5'11").
I think If you are lighter weight you will not loose even if you pick Project 52. Look last year world freestyle champion paddled project 52. he did not get any super high loops, but did all the other fancy moves, which got him first place.
If I would not have a boat I would go with 2010 allstar, that thing loops huge and surf big too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks thats helps a lot. Yeah I'm 5' 10" and about 160 so I think i'll fit right in that project pretty well. I would also love a new fun but unfortunately I am a poor college kid and a grand is way out of my price range so I'm trying to buy used. so other than looping you feel that the project and allstar will cartwheel and blunt similarly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Project will do the same for you. Your weight looks right for the project 52. Also if you see somewhere good deal for used allstar 2007 -2009, do not hesitate. That is great playboat,
and for your weight it can be great river runner also.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts