Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who is a designer and sells window treatments and the like,was telling me he was working in this ultra high end new developement{Ravenna ?},with golf course and riverside proprerties in Waterton Canyon,between Strontia and Chatfield,supposedely they are building themselves a private playpark/kayak course and also have some Orvis rep onsite ,kinda like a golf pro for fishing.I know few if any run this but have a friend who boats a little and mountainbikes there, says there are some rapids.Anyway ,what do you guys think about something like that,and theoretically if you accessed it legally could they bust you,i have little doubt they'd hassle you,they are filthy rich afterall.

On a side note there was a nice looking wave /hole below the road , near the bikepath trailhead,when the So Platte was çrankin'but it's probably only in when everything else is too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not cool, Not suprising...

Sounds like a bad/horrible idea to me. "Exclusive" and kayaking don't mix in my book. Not sure how CO works but in California it is illegal to obstruct passage on any waterway to a person navigating said waterway. Obviously you can't put in on private land but bridges (county or state maintained) have a 100 ft. easement on each side of them so access is all good. power to the people, power to the paddlers.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy.

I hate rich people.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Obviously you can't put in on private land but bridges (county or state maintained) have a 100 ft. easement on each side of them so access is all good.
the easements on both sides of the roads/bridges are only 10', not 100'. Its for CDOT/governmental work, and technically, for you to be there you have to have a permit issued by CDOT. now, CDOT doesnt really give a shit about those so its really not a problem, but it is only 10'. its the governments "right of way".

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yeah, finding a place to take out legally will be the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts