Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new creek boat. i would like feedback from anyone that owns or has paddled a creeker 225 in either small creeks or in big water
i am looking for both positive and negative feed back to help me make my choice..thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have been trying to get a hold of a creeker for awhile. I am 5'4", about 135 and it's perfect for me. I paddled one this spring that belonged to RAGuides and I had to give it back. It's great in all kinds of water and is easy for me to turn, keep on line and roll. I have heard that if you are a little heavier that the boat doesn't handle quite as well, because of the hull design? Anyway, at the risk of taking another one I could purchase off the market, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I paddled one exclusively for three years now so I don't know how it compares to other new boats on the market. But here's my opinion.
Pros:
It is FAST, boofs great, catches mico eddies fast, plus all the other benefits of having soft chines (easy rolling etc.). It is blow-molded and does not crack like all the other boats.
Cons:
It does not track as well in big water (it's made for creeks) and it does not resurface straight (and most creek boats don't).
I like it a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts