Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That sucks, that was one of the few events that got great press, athlete praise, and seemed to get a good spectator turnout. Saw it just as it was started driving home from the salmon one year. I understand SUP is growing, just sucks it is all or nothing. Wonder where the additional expense comes from for kayaking? Honestly wondering as I would think both events need judges/prizes/volunteers/river sections to operate.

Some more info and reasons here:

http://paddlinglife.net/article.php?id=1161

Sad to see the kayak company conglomerates taking no interest in promoting the whitewater side of their sport. Pyranha and Jackson seem to be the only ones.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I own a SUP, and enjoy using it, but find it unfortunate that they have chose to completely eliminate kayaking from the event....guess it will probably help the attendance at Fibark....or open the door for a new river fest of some kind.

Please leave the comments regarding sexual orientation alone. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just so long as the x games brings back snow blading, then I'll truly be a duel threat pro.

To be fair that video of the sup-er running south silver is much more entertaining than watching actual skill on the river.

·
Super Moderator
4,371 Posts
Admin note - the two threads about the PRG games going SUP were merged into this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts