Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's December, the rivers are frozen, the boats are covered, snow is deeper than an Elk's butt in the mountains and Schutzie is bored.

He thought about taking a vacation to somewhere warm.
He thought about just hibernating.
He thought about skiing.

Nope. While all these things would be fun, there just isn't enough drama to satisfy this old fart.

So;

For 2016 who do you like, who do you fear, what would be the best President/Vice President ticket from your corner of the spectrum.

For my part I know two things; I don't want Trump and I don't want Clinton. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Political talk eh? Your likely to rouse some old eddy trolls from their caves with this one...

I'd rather discuss why you don't consider Tuscon warm, and why no skiing? I'd love to spend a few days down there in shorts and flip flops right about now....

·
Registered
248 Posts
As of today, Clinton or Sanders. I would have been ok with Graham, but he dropped out this morning. The rest of the republican candidates have positions I disagree with on economic issues, which are the most important to me. Especially climate change.

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I vote Schutzie for Prez.
Actually, Schutzie has a platform for that!

For the record, I don't like any of the candidates.
But, think about this. Trump as VP and in charge of reducing the debt and controlling the deficit. Seen the idea kicked around. Not that Trump would ever go for it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Actually, Schutzie has a platform for that!

For the record, I don't like any of the candidates.
But, think about this. Trump as VP and in charge of reducing the debt and controlling the deficit. Seen the idea kicked around. Not that Trump would ever go for it.
Have you seen his tax plan? That's a joke, right? Trump's tax plan would add $24.5 trillion to the national debt. We're so idiotic as a country that we deserve bad things to happen to us... I give up!

Trump’s Tax Cuts Would Add $24.5 Trillion to the Debt | The Fiscal Times

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you seen his tax plan? That's a joke, right? Trump's tax plan would add $24.5 trillion to the national debt. We're so idiotic as a country that we deserve bad things to happen to us... I give up!

Trump’s Tax Cuts Would Add $24.5 Trillion to the Debt | The Fiscal Times
Well, first of all, some additional research will show that no one has enough specifics to predict what any candidates tax plan would do to the deficit, or the debt. The Fiscal times isn't my first choice for this kind of thing in any case.

Anyway, if the job of balancing the budget and reducing the debt without cutting entitlement programs was the mission, I'd pick Trump out of all the current pack to get the job done.

As for me, I ain't giving up, even if Hillary gets the office. I think it would be disaster and if nothing else we'd have to hide the interns, but we've survived worse.

I don't know who would be worse; Clinton or Trump in the oval office. I'm more interested in who they will pick for running mate. Given the attitude in the country and the enemy at the gate, being President is looking more like a job with a target on your back than ever before. And, if you remember your civics classes, if the President can't serve, the VP gets the job.

Perhaps therein lies our greatest hope?

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,265 Posts
Neither one of them can possibly win. Trump is a buffoon and there is no way this country will elect a woman yet, especially that one. Hillerys best chance would be if Trump were her opponent but there is just too much anti Clinton BS being spewed ever since Bill was in there watching Monica flick her bean with his cigar. It really doesn't matter who wins anyway. None of those Washington royalty are going to do anything for anyone except their donors. The show is all about the illusion of a democracy while the masses argue about whether guys should be allowed to marry other guys.

·
Registered
649 Posts
No truer words have been spoken. This country is divided between the rich and the poor. And the poor is everyone making less than 500000 a year. They use republican and democrat to keep us divided. Once anyone is elected they automatically move into the rich category. Good luck America.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Okie, They will just print more brand new $100 bills and back date them to 2009 like they are doing now. Check the next new 100 you see. I have never seen one newer than 2009.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Did the google search
Every one is entitled to their opinion.
Mine is Bernie's plan is standard election spin from a person who has spent his career in politics giving away some one else's money.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Okie, They will just print more brand new $100 bills and back date them to 2009 like they are doing now. Check the next new 100 you see. I have never seen one newer than 2009.
I'll check ohh wait don't have any ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, certainly but I side with Bertrand Russell "I think that in general, apart from expert opinion, there is too much respect paid to the opinions of others, both in great matters and in small ones"

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Schutzie can see that everyone on the Buzz is as uncommitted as everyone in the parallel universes.

He doesn't see Hillary having a chance; more and more it appears she'll be focused on avoiding indictments later this year, and even if not, the smudge is just to big and to persistent to go away.

Schutzie doesn't see the Donald having much chance, that is unless he runs against ............. well, anyone. The problem is, he might be able to fix the economy, the budget, and even the deficit (MIGHT) but on foreign relations I just can't see it working for us.

Bernie; No thanks. He's old guard tax and spend, give the masses cake kind of guy. Reality demands that we rethink what we want from government and how much we're willing to pay for it, but not while he's in he Oval office writing checks.

Cruz and the rest of the pack? Who? Maybe once the field clears out a bit more, we can sort out who these people are and what they offer.

I do know one thing; whoever gets the oval office, they will be a 1% member.

Think about that .............

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The show is all about the illusion of a democracy while the masses argue about whether guys should be allowed to marry other guys.
^^ I'm lucky, I don't even have to worry about the presidential election. I live Idaho and no matter what, our 2 whole electoral votes will go Republican. The Country will announce the victor with or without our 2 votes. :???::???:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts