Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone manage to get on the Big T (Colorado) during the >400 cfs flows? Did you use a crystal ball, check flows every hour, or show up for 200 cfs and get lucky?

I'm sure someone at the Bureau of Rec knew this release was coming. Sure would be nice to know about them in advance! I remember a nice lady named Kara from the Bureau who used to give us as much info as possible about what flows to expect. I sure miss those updates...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
Got on at 775 twice and I check everyday sometimes twice! Kara always gives us a heads up (THANKS KARA!!). Stop boating so much and spend more time on the buzz and you would know what the rivers are doing...plus your more cool if you post about boating than actually boating! :p he he he
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,507 Posts
gannon their's difference between boating and being an asshole... paul you get dbag of the month award... congrats. dbag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
Jeeze what kinda idiots are posting on MB at 12:30am??? Oh wait..I ummm just logged on ummm to check the big T flows...158 down from 160 at 11pm!

A friend lost a paddle on it a few days ago...he flipped and it got wedged between rocks...gonna go up tomorrow, well I guess later today and find it... i.e., run it at 160....160 is a high flow right? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Hey all,
I DID miss a change the other day on the Big T. On July 4th, we actually bumped up flows in the afternoon due to the rain that was occurring in the area. So, my apologies. I don't always get notes out to folks on weekends and Holidays.

Also, and just as a reminder because I know you all know this, it is worth noting that rain in the area may very well increase flows in the Big T all on its own, regardless of what we do at the dam.

In fact, the rain is the big variable in our operations right now. Normally, now that run-off has wrapped itself up, we would be releasing something between 100-200 cfs from Olympus Dam to the lower Big Thompson. But, with the rain we've been having this week (and still today), it remains a possibility that we might make an adjustment during the day to bypass incoming rain run-off. So, please keep an eye out.

Right now, we're releasing 326 cfs. This is scaled down slightly from the bump up to over 400 cfs on the 4th. Currently, I'm anticipating the 323 cfs will last into tomorrow, Thursday the 8th. After that, it is possible we might scale releases back down, but it will depend on the weather.

I will be on business travel up in the high country and away from Wifi over the next couple of days. Please be sure to check the gages before you head up as I might not be able to get a note out if there are other changes.

Best,
Kara
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top