Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a guy who sold something he called a "Short Draw Z-Drag". It was basically a Z-drag that is in a bag and already set up in the Z-drag fashion. Basically, you clipped one end to the pinned boat and the other to your anchor and then start pulling. I really liked this because it can save you valuable time if your buddy is pinned. I wanted to buy it, but he said his company was going out of business and was not longer insured, so he couldn't sell it. Does anyone know how to set one of these up without it getting tangled or where I could buy one. I would like to find a youtube video giving a demonstration, but no luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I met a guy who sold something he called a "Short Draw Z-Drag". It was basically a Z-drag that is in a bag and already set up in the Z-drag fashion. Basically, you clipped one end to the pinned boat and the other to your anchor and then start pulling. I really liked this because it can save you valuable time if your buddy is pinned. I wanted to buy it, but he said his company was going out of business and was not longer insured, so he couldn't sell it. Does anyone know how to set one of these up without it getting tangled or where I could buy one. I would like to find a youtube video giving a demonstration, but no luck. Thanks.
You must have run into Robert. I saw his setup its pretty slick its just hook and go. I think he has a 5:1 although what he showed you might have been a kayaker 3:1 kit. I first saw it in use when we met him on the owyhee, he tensioned a ferry line so we could portage widowmaker. I patterned a similar setup which we used to tension a zipline across the MF last summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is kind of what I was thinking, just wasn't sure if they made it a particular way to keep everything straight so it doesn't get tangled. Just pack it in the bag carefully i guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts