Mountain Buzz banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
forgot about this thread/assumed the deal was over. I bought a new setup a few months back. Oh well.

Super happy with the product and cant wait to take it on a river trip!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Hey Triston, just took my popup pit on a Middle/Main Salmon trip. It got at least 10 uses, and I hope you see some more sales come out of it.

People love that it burns the wood down to ash, we typically put the cold gray ashes in the kitchen trash each morning (after sticking a hand in it to make sure it was cold--it was).

Quick suggestion: could you ask if the carrying bags could be made about 4" longer for your next round? I found that I could wrap the fire blanket around the pit and fit it in the bag..it just sticks out about 4" too long to cinch the bag.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hey Triston, just took my popup pit on a Middle/Main Salmon trip. It got at least 10 uses, and I hope you see some more sales come out of it.

People love that it burns the wood down to ash, we typically put the cold gray ashes in the kitchen trash each morning (after sticking a hand in it to make sure it was cold--it was).

Quick suggestion: could you ask if the carrying bags could be made about 4" longer for your next round? I found that I could wrap the fire blanket around the pit and fit it in the bag..it just sticks out about 4" too long to cinch the bag.

Already made some huge improvements on the bag. Shoot us a private message and I'll get you hooked up with a new one.

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
No worries sir, just a happy customer. I appreciate the offer, and really appreciate the sale price you gave us when I bought it.
Please do let us know if you get any returns on the small pits, I'd love to buy one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,

With Amazon's no matter what return policy we've recently been handed back quite a few lightly used Pop-Up Pits. Instead of scrapping these we figured some of you might be interested in picking up a refurbished product at a discounted price.

These range anywhere from pits with a couple of burns on them to a few show room displays that are basically brand new. These have all been inspected by us to make sure that everything is good to go.

If you don't care too much about getting a brand new pit and wanted to pick one up at a discounted price shoot us a DM and we can get you hooked up.

I'll be editing to post pictures of some of the pits to give everyone a better idea.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Still loving mine after probably 75 fires! However my caveman buddy couldn’t get it to open because it had gotten a bit sandy. He used a rock to pound it to the open position and it made it permanently open. I tried with no avail to straighten the poles and slides out but it is a yard piece now not the travel kind it once was.
Anyway I wondered if you ended up with spare legs ever that you needed to part with. I’ll pay of course. I’d happily go buy a new one at Ace hardware if not. Mostly trying to keep waste down with a repair instead of replacement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No, this is my first aluminum pit. We had one last trip that weighed 30 pounds! So I’m really tickled with this one. If it dies, I’ll keep you in mind.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No worries sir, just a happy customer. I appreciate the offer, and really appreciate the sale price you gave us when I bought it.
Please do let us know if you get any returns on the small pits, I'd love to buy one.

@CampfireDefender Triston I am also curious if you ever have returns on the small 12x12 pop up trailblazer pits, or even a discount on them. Would love to add one to my car camping, short hike in backpacking trip gear list.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jamesdking, you can get a new leg (Pop up pit base from campfire Defender.) They have about every piece to replace for the pop up pit and are very reasonabley priced.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
@CampfireDefender Triston I am also curious if you ever have returns on the small 12x12 pop up trailblazer pits, or even a discount on them. Would love to add one to my car camping, short hike in backpacking trip gear list.
I bought just the frame, mesh, and ember guards on their fall sale. Under $100.

Jamesdking, you can get a new leg (Pop up pit base from campfire Defender.) They have about every piece to replace for the pop up pit and are very reasonabley priced.
*ham-handed buddy needs to buy him a new frame!

·
Sponsoring Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Still loving mine after probably 75 fires! However my caveman buddy couldn’t get it to open because it had gotten a bit sandy. He used a rock to pound it to the open position and it made it permanently open. I tried with no avail to straighten the poles and slides out but it is a yard piece now not the travel kind it once was.
Anyway I wondered if you ended up with spare legs ever that you needed to part with. I’ll pay of course. I’d happily go buy a new one at Ace hardware if not. Mostly trying to keep waste down with a repair instead of replacement.
Depending on where the sand got stuck your results may vary:

On the top connectors there are set screws. Before you remove these, measure how much upright there is above the connectors so you can put them back where they're supposed to be. Once those screws are out you should be able to pull the poles up through the connector to clear any debris. You also want to look and make sure everything is straight still. Any sort of bend in the poles can lock it up. See if this fixes the issue. If you notice anything wonky let us know and we can replace just that part!

I can take a look tomorrow morning! Soon us a private message so I don't forget lol

Cheers,
Triston
Fireside Team

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Hey Triston, appreciate your quick and thorough responses to customer questions, and for hooking us Buzzards up on sweet deals on pre-owned pits.

What do you do for recreation? Are you also a boater?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hey Triston, appreciate your quick and thorough responses to customer questions, and for hooking us Buzzards up on sweet deals on pre-owned pits.

What do you do for recreation? Are you also a boater?
Of course. Honestly, the Mountainbuzz was the first community to give our product a shot so we owe a lot to you guys. Makes it an easy decision to help everyone out as much as they helped us!

I do mostly Overlanding personally. I've been on two guided trips once on the Upper Salt here in Arizona and once through the Royal Gorge over this last summer. I would love to make it out onto the River more, those trips are some of the best times I've had outdoors.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Cool! I used to be into 4x4's..mostly rockcrawling and trail riding. I had a 4Runner (hence the username) on 3/4T Chevy axles, locked, 5.38's and 37" MTR's, then a Formula Toyota with 5.29's, e-lockers, and 36" Iroks...but didn't ever camp out of them as much as I now do rafting. Also went to King of the Hammers 5 times 2009-2013, and was the radio relay a couple years.

I'd love to explore the desert more. Have been out a bit in Utah, NV, and Johnson Valley in CA, but never out in Arizona.
What kind of rig do you have?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Of course. Honestly, the Mountainbuzz was the first community to give our product a shot so we owe a lot to you guys. Makes it an easy decision to help everyone out as much as they helped us!

I do mostly Overlanding personally. I've been on two guided trips once on the Upper Salt here in Arizona and once through the Royal Gorge over this last summer. I would love to make it out onto the River more, those trips are some of the best times I've had outdoors.
Just curious where you’re at in Az? I was in Tucson for about 15 years and finally escaped. Let’s see your overland rig! Here’s mine

61 - 80 of 86 Posts