Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Buzzards,

I am liking the idea of the dura-slat/polymax/kennel flooring for my side boards and am wondering if anyone has a source on it locally in SLC or knows of a website that doesn't have insane ($25 a sheet?!) shipping charge for it.

I have gone down the rabbit hole on this and found it on a ton of websites, seen it called by many names and understand for the most part why the shipping is so expensive... I have also called a few farm supply stores in the are and am striking out, before I spend an afternoon calling every farm and animal supply store in the area I'm just wondering if anyone has ever found a line on it here in SLC (or nearby) or found a source online with reasonable shipping?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Buzzards,

I am liking the idea of the dura-slat/polymax/kennel flooring for my side boards and am wondering if anyone has a source on it locally in SLC or knows of a website that doesn't have insane ($25 a sheet?!) shipping charge for it.

I have gone down the rabbit hole on this and found it on a ton of websites, seen it called by many names and understand for the most part why the shipping is so expensive... I have also called a few farm supply stores in the are and am striking out, before I spend an afternoon calling every farm and animal supply store in the area I'm just wondering if anyone has ever found a line on it here in SLC (or nearby) or found a source online with reasonable shipping?
I feel your pain. I went down the same rabbit hole a while back and ended up giving up. If you find a source, PLEASE let me know. Maybe others in SLC will come forward and we can split shipping?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain. I went down the same rabbit hole a while back and ended up giving up. If you find a source, PLEASE let me know. Maybe others in SLC will come forward and we can split shipping?
Thanks. I also thought about splitting the shipping if I could find anyone else that was interested but from what I can tell the $25 isn't a flat fee and tends to go up considerably with each sheet added.

What did you end up doing for your sideboards?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got it at Murdocks in Evanston where I live. I bought in 6 packs; not sure about singles. I used in dog yard as well as florr for two different cats. Seems like about $ 13 per sheet in pack. Hope you got a permit !!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it at Murdocks in Evanston where I live. I bought in 6 packs; not sure about singles. I used in dog yard as well as florr for two different cats. Seems like about $ 13 per sheet in pack. Hope you got a permit !!!
Thanks eyeboat, I'll be headed to Jackson in May for a swiftwater course so maybe I will make a stop in Evanston and sell the rest of whatever I don't use to the hungry SLC crowd. 😆

Floating Lodore in July, the permit gods smiled on us this year.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Thanks eyeboat, I'll be headed to Jackson in May for a swiftwater course so maybe I will make a stop in Evanston and sell the rest of whatever I don't use to the hungry SLC crowd. 😆

Floating Lodore in July, the permit gods smiled on us this year.
It is called "Versapad" at the Murdochs near me. Duraslat is another name, but it is not exactly the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks. I also thought about splitting the shipping if I could find anyone else that was interested but from what I can tell the $25 isn't a flat fee and tends to go up considerably with each sheet added.

What did you end up doing for your sideboards?
I'm looking at it to replace a floor I have, rather than for sideboards. So, I did.... nothing. I still have the old, heavy, coated plywood floor.

In looking at the VersaPad mentioned above, it seems like it's a lot thinner than DuraSlat? VersaPad lists at 1/2" thick, and DuraSlat at just over an inch. So, maybe the VersaPad won't work for floors? Too flexy?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I'm looking at it to replace a floor I have, rather than for sideboards. So, I did.... nothing. I still have the old, heavy, coated plywood floor.

In looking at the VersaPad mentioned above, it seems like it's a lot thinner than DuraSlat? VersaPad lists at 1/2" thick, and DuraSlat at just over an inch. So, maybe the VersaPad won't work for floors? Too flexy?
I have never seen duraslat, but the polymax/versa pad is pretty flexy for a floor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just checked.Murdocks in Evanston. Under Little Giant Versapad $ 20 each, 14 in stock. Ihowemt is correct about flex. When I used as cat floor, I had a floor support under; or on another frame I looped a strap thru floor attached to crossbar.Supported cooler, drybox.waterjugs OK. A lot better than NRS mesh floor, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.