Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the Poudre town run at this level? Any serious hazards at this level for a IV-IV+ boater? I've already noted that the river is out of its banks and into the trees...but are there are there any particularly low bridges or nasty diversion structures? Play boat or river/creek boat?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Has anyone done the Poudre town run at this level? Any serious hazards at this level for a IV-IV+ boater? I've already noted that the river is out of its banks and into the trees...but are there are there any particularly low bridges or nasty diversion structures? Play boat or river/creek boat?
It will be crazy in a few places. The boat chute just east of College should be churning. Just below that, where you pass the Ranchway Feed cutbank, your head will probably be up in the low-hanging tree branches. There is a low head dam by the park above College, and a very big dam several more miles below College.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Paddled through town when the floods were happening. I don't remember there being any major surprises. There are dams you will need to portage but they are obvious. Scout anything that looks suspicious and you should be good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Scout the drop below college, run the dam in the center, but the drop right after that has some nasty wood/snag piles on right and and left, along with some good holes, but there is a clean line in there. I would scout that part before u put on because there's no where to get out of river after goin under college.

Check out the wave at north shields pond. No eddy service but it's a fun one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.