Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Fort Collins this weekend (fri-mon) and am looking for some people to tag along with on the Poudre. I've never paddled up there, and am a competent III - IV- boater and willing to step it up this season. If anyone wouldn't mind me tagging along that would be awesome

luke
970 three zero eight 7966

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yo Luke! A buddy and I may be heading that way as well on Saturday!! What were you thinkin on running? I'm new to the poudre as well. I have only done Upper Rustic at 3.5/4 feet. So I'm not sure of lines or what not to run at low flows??

Do you have a team for Vertical Challenge yet?? It starts Sarturday, so look into and get a team started!! It's inexpensive and for a GREAT cause!!

EddyFlower Vertical Challenge

I'll let you know by Friday afternoon/evening if we decide to roll that way! I'll call you!! My info is below.

Cheers!!

-Nick
303-204-1527
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
I might be headed up there this weekend and would be happy to show people the easy lines. Bridges is the most solid at these low flows and a lot of fun, but short. Maybe we could lap it several times.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I might be headed up there this weekend and would be happy to show people the easy lines. Bridges is the most solid at these low flows and a lot of fun, but short. Maybe we could lap it several times.

I was hoping Upper Mish or something along those lines. I'm also hoping for some SUPER MANK on Clear Creek on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Drive carefully by the Mish, they have that music fest this weekend.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'll probably just play it by ear on the flows. Def going to get out, but going to pick the one with the least loss of plastic. Might need to head to glenwood Monday.

·
Registered
447 Posts
just a warning the only thing in right now is filter plant. don't expect too much up higher. this may change with this nice weathr though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ill be running something on the poudre on Saturday. If there is enough water possible stevens down, or at least run the rapid then filterplant if water is too low.

Its nice to finally see the sun. Done with school and looking forward to a fun summer/fall.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
you could do the lower north fork of the poudre. 100 grand and my left one says you only run it once.

then there is the upper though.......

·
Registered
173 Posts
just a warning the only thing in right now is filter plant. don't expect too much up higher. this may change with this nice weathr though.
Do you think there is a possibility that the river will start coming up because of the new low elevation snow we just got? It was really wet down in the fort, woke up to a dusting of wet snow and it looked like the mtns got hit harder. Now its mostly sunny, should start melting some of that mid may snow!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Doubtful if it will be enough moisture to get the upper sections running.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The middle and lower narrows were runnable last week (~0.9 on rock, ~400 on eddyflower) and the water has come up slightly. The middle was very bony. I probably wouldn't repeat it unless I was really jonesing. The lower was actually very fun with a creeky feel. It was the first time we had done either section.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LineDawg: You gonna run Filter Plant on Sunday perhaps? I'll join if so....

I've been watching the flow all day, and while it was up around 450 yesterday according to the USGS site, it is steadily dropping since about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Down in the mid 300s now, though I would guess that once the sun comes out tomorrow things could change in a hurry. Noticed how white the front range was this morning? I'll bet by the time it hits 70 on Sunday it'll be over 500.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you think there is a possibility that the river will start coming up because of the new low elevation snow we just got? It was really wet down in the fort, woke up to a dusting of wet snow and it looked like the mtns got hit harder. Now its mostly sunny, should start melting some of that mid may snow!!!
not a chance stevens down will run this weekend. Your best bet is laps on whiteline and/or lower narrows, or scrape down pineview/bridges. Filter plant has the most water right now, which may be entertaining if you want to work on flatwater tricks or bring many beers. We need a week+ of above freezing temps in the high country before run off is actually going to start. This low elevation snow isn't enough to get the poudre really running.

The upper north fork may go again too with this storm...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Snowing hard right now in Breck......

If anyone is doing Filter plant on Saturday, I will come over. I'll be in that area all day Sat. I need to work on my roll anyway.
BTW... bringing many beers is always a good idea!

·
Banned
217 Posts
After the week of standby that I had, I'll be there Sat.and Sun.

SimpleMan, would you like for me to bring you yak. Do believe you can fit in the wives Remix.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What time are ya'll heading up on Sat. and Sunday? I will be running Filter Plant both days, and I'm willing to help catch boats and help with shuttles.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts