Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an out of towner stopping through Fort Collins on Friday the 22nd. The rock says 1.3 according to reports. Will it be good enough to run Filter Plant, Bridges, Lower Mish by the end of next week. I've got a buddy who is just getting into kayaking and I'd love to take him down a cruise on Filter Plant (at least) if the water will be there. Any locals know what the odds are of the FP run being ok to paddle and/or the outlook for better water in 10 days or so?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bridges will definitely be good to go. Lower mish not so much. Filter plant is pretty scrapey, but possible. Bridge is definitely your best bet at that level. With the warm weather on the way this week, it'll probably come up a fair amount by friday

·
Registered
213 Posts
85 degrees tomorrow...90 degrees Friday, definatly potential for an increase in runoff

This afternoon the rock was at 1.4

The water is moving slow and there is enough to get down pine-vu and bridges. If the water leves do not increase i would not suggest taking a rookie boater down. There is enough water to get flipped over but not enough to allow much swimming.

If the rock is above 2ish fp should be good to go (low and would not suggest swimming but definatly possible).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other II-ish, III-ish type runs in the area that might have a better flow? Hate to waste a trip to town but don't want to get my buddy worked up and then not really be able to do much. Also, do you expect things to be busy since that weekend is Memorial Day?

·
Registered
7 Posts
rainman, The laramie river at Jelm to Woods landing is a super easy II-III- that is not roadside but easy access and is about 40 min from laramie, if you are going north. The water will be high enough, by the 22nd. I consider it runnable but low when it is 2 ft on the NOAA gauge, from there up is better. Short run that ends at a bar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts