Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 11:30am the rock was at 0.8ft. :lol: No new hazards in the middle abd lower narrows, there is some wood in race car that may cut lose as the flows come up so be careful.

Cheers...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As of Saturday, May 7th at 2:00pm the rock was at 0.9ft.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I haven't been up there but how can it be at .9 if the gage at the canyon mouth is reading 44 cfs. Isn;t the guage supposed to have more water than the run at pineview? Is the guage messed up? If i am misunderstanding how the system works please tell me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The gauge at the mouth (the one you can see online) is next to useless. There are at least two or three places between the Pine View gauge (aka the Rock) and the mouth where a significant amount of water can be taken out of the Poudre. So the mouth will usually read much lower than Pine View (unless there is no water being diverted or the N Fork is adding a lot of water).

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Anyone got any readings off the rock, any updates today or throughout the week would be appreciated. word

·
Registered
183 Posts
Someone in RMA just told me 2.0 on the rock, I'd didn't believe him. He said it was running brown and churning.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
I aint to cool to get on at 1.5 ft. I'm also fiending. The river should be goin within a week, the raftin companies are firing up on fri or sat. so they should let a little water out?? Keep the rock reports comin please...

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
Monday = .92 feet on the rock.

Upper Narrows = fun
Middle Narrows = mostly bones, but some fun moves still exist
Lower Narrows = low water fun

Beats doing nothing, i guess. There were a couple people paddling Filter Plant too.

First time paddling since my shoulder blowout in AZ. Happily, no issues or pain. First time in the Jefe. That boat is sick.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Did you get your jefe at paddlefest? If so, it aint fair, I gots mine then and it still isn't here!! Anyone else waitin?

·
Registered
805 Posts
ToddG, I thought we called it at .925 and we wouldn't have wanted any lower. Definitely would not be worth at .900 for sure. Life Force, good to see it's on the up and... shit I'm out to Cali in less than 48 hours. Yesssss.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
i was actually paddling a shop demo. mine should be in any day though. i know the wait sux, but trust me, you'll be stoked once you land your first big boof.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
oh snap! you're right, evan. that was a typo. the actual rock reading as of 4:58:38 monday, was .925 .. not .92. and, no, not even .915 would be an acceptible level for paddling the narrows. has to be .925, minimally.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bastards, it was I late didn' t check the new posts but still solid 0.95ft.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts