Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if it's possible to run Lower or Middle Narrows on Poudre at this "too low" level. Anyone is doing it these days? Is it still runnable and how does it look? Worth coming from Boulder area?

thanks...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've heard its sitting around .5 feet on the rock. Thats too low in my opinion, especially in middle. My lower limit for the lower narrows is about .8 feet. There's a lot of water in the reservoirs still, so I wouldnt be surprised if they began to release sometime.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've ran lower at least once a week for the last 4 weeks...As of last Thur, they are diverting a bit...so the 50-70cfs you see is after the D. The rock has been at .8-.9 every time I've been up there. Middle is too low...not that I haven't scraped down it at .8 though :). Upper is fun and lower is at its best for taking narrows newbs down.

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
Not quite .8. It's .8 when it gets to about 100-110, 1 foot is about 130-140. The river above the North Fork has been 80-90 for a couple of weeks. Pineview/Bridges has been fun too the past couple of weeks. They are slowly turning down Joe Wright though. People in Greeley go turn on your shower and leave it on ;)

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you didn't know I am in Greeley....getting ready to take a shower too :) I'll turn on all my faucets and lets plan on a run tomorrow :) Nah I don't know how you weather has been but its been rainy the last 2 days so no requests for h2o coming from here.

Last week the guage read 60-70 and when I went up to run the LN the rock was at .8....So I figured they were drawing out before the guage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys, let me know when you plan to run it, I will try to join you, especially on the weekend...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm heading up to the BigT in an hour to clean a log out then I'll probably head to the lower Gnarrows for a few laps.

970-817-1639

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am in longmont, however my truck is broken and need some repair. Will call you for the weekend If I fix it up...
thanks

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
Nathan and I were thinking about taking the playboats up and run Whiteline a few times on Sunday if anybody is intersted... in my opinion it's about the only thing that's worth it up high at this level. It's quite a fun rapid... even at low water.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm game for Sunday afternoon dude. Goin hikin with pops in the morning and could meet ya for a few laps. What time are you thinkin?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts