Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in a mass start race through the Upper, Middle and Lower narrows. A few of us were discussing it tonight and I figured I would see what the verdict is.

The race can be over with in about 5-7 minutes. Start above Super and end at the last drop of the lower.

I would be in.

Scott

Ps. Gotta stick to a max boat length unless we have 2 classes.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think it would have to be in heats, depending on how many people showed. Much more then 3-5 people and you are asking for huge safety risks. There are a couple tight lines in there that could get seriously nasty if more then one person tried to go through at once. I do think it would be lots of fun and a good spot for it. The only downside is that the road is narrow there and wouldn't hold a crowd very well, so it would have to be low key. Not sure about permiting and such either. It might have to be one of those non-official races. Not sure what it takes to get a race going there officially. You set it up and I'll be there to run safety or spectate. Good safety would obviously be key if you are gonna do this. I'll be interested to see what others think.

JH

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'd be down, but we better do it soon as the level might not hold for much longer. Name a time and lets rally the crew.

Leif

·
Registered
805 Posts
Scott,
You should be in class. I am. Luckily my class is in the computer lab. Aside - the Narrows race must be on the DL. I've already approached the Forest Service for a permit and they are not down. I'll race you tonight and leave your ass surfing in whiteline (lion). I like head to head heats through uppers to qualify for the finals to the bottom. I'm in regardless.
Evan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Challenge. Tonight. 5:30. Who wants some.....
Come and get it....
(leif, just make sure your friends won't keep me working to long)..

·
Registered
463 Posts
tonights no good.

how about tomorrow afternoon? ted's at five and be sure to bring your preperation h for an ass whoping by the force...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could be down tommorrow at 5pm for an experimental type thing. I like the idea of heats from Super to Whiteline.

There's no way I'm down for a single elimination through all of the narrows. 5 laps of that would be deadly for my scrawny ass.

Evan, I own you. I'd boof over your head since you like surfing whiteline.

Scott

·
Registered
805 Posts
can't race tommorrow. i'll race myself tonightif I have to.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
NickWiggum is on his way up here as we speak. Gonna "work" then race. Jus show up with your "wacky" shirts & chacos, & we'll figure it out once we're all together. werd ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
LMAO !!
Electric-Meyham....or DEBBY DOWNER ! I'd say his name is Debby!

"I think it would have to be in heats, depending on how many people showed. Much more then 3-5 people and you are asking for huge safety risks. There are a couple tight lines in there that could get seriously nasty if more then one person tried to go through at once. I do think it would be lots of fun and a good spot for it. The only downside is that the road is narrow there and wouldn't hold a crowd very well, so it would have to be low key. Not sure about permiting and such either. It might have to be one of those non-official races. Not sure what it takes to get a race going there officially. You set it up and I'll be there to run safety or spectate. Good safety would obviously be key if you are gonna do this. I'll be interested to see what others think.

JH"

·
Registered
463 Posts
Anybody race last night? how did it go?

TG you're getting to serious. working on the river shit... never thought I'd see the day.

Anybody interested in heading up tonight? Rigby? that was big talk you're fronting...

·
Registered
157 Posts
We had a good time last night. You don't even have to ask who 'won' do you.. Pretty sure TG was the first one done and Wrangler the last to quit (he was working on his creek boating freestyle techniques though and made some great improvements... sweet loops) A lot of action inbetween. We did a couple heats down upper. The losers were the ones who got surfed, the winers cleaned up. ?!?!
Electric- luckily we had safety precautions set up with Safety Nick, with his expertise we really had no worries. He monitored the entire afternoon and made sure every thing went smoothe for the session.

Rigby, don't know how you could have missed us, we weren't hiding.

Don't think anything will go down tonight, with them slowing down long draw, middle will be pretty well spent.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
wrangler -- baby eater.

WstnMD -- you seriously should gimme a call some time. it's been waaaay too long since we spoke. i know you got news, so do i .. get my digits from ya brother.

force -- don't fret .. "milkin'" might be a better descriptor than "work" for what i'm up to.

reardon -- teehee

later snootchies.
with so much love,
tg

·
Registered
157 Posts
TG- touching. are you starting to get sentimental on us or what.

"your quote kinda sounds masturbatory too"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts