Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that they cut back Long Draw yesterday from 120ish to 40ish. We were hoping to paddle it tomorrow.

Without seeing the rock how do you determine if there is enough water to still float the narrows? I assume that you can not use the filter plant gauge. Are there upper gauges that need to be added together to determine the narrows flows? If so, please share.

Thanks,

·
Registered
143 Posts
All depends on how bony ya want it. I know we've done upper through lower at .6ft, which I think ended up being in the 100-120 range. All went, but you had to push through Green Bridge (under the bridge). Lower was fine at that level as was Upper. I think we were on White Line doing laps at 80cfs or something this spring. That looked bony on Middle, but probably doable. Lower should go. I've been told by friends that they've run the upper through lower at 65cfs.

If you just want to get on the water, there's enough. If you're wanting real excitement, it's probably not there. And if you're looking for rock dodging and limited line choices, you're all set!

John

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
We went up thursday and it was 1'4'' on the rock. The gauge said 135cfs, I do not know if the tunnel right before bto was on or not however, I have been up there a few times in the last week and the gauge went from 225-135 and it was always 1'4'' on the rock. I would go if I saw 135 on eddyflower, it is not stout but it is time on the water.

also, the groove tube on GB has most of the water, take that line. thanks leif.

·
Registered
966 Posts
33 cfs! Yesssss!!!!! Might be legit boat abuse, but its also some SERIOUS poudre lovin'! Love that river!!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
33 cfs! Yesssss!!!!! Might be legit boat abuse, but its also some SERIOUS poudre lovin'! Love that river!!!!!

Honestly didn't touch a rock all the way down at 33 not counting sliding over the 2 smooth rock pourovers...Of course that's way back in the day when WL was cool. Now? :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Honestly didn't touch a rock all the way down at 33 not counting sliding over the 2 smooth rock pourovers...Of course that's way back in the day when WL was cool. Now?
Your technical prowess is applauded: ) I wish I had gotten on whiteline before it fell over, but I was too sceered to do anything in the upper until after the great toppling!

33cfs....just love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts